Monday, January 1, 2018

#oneword2018

OK, so it killed the cat--but curiosity is where great ideas start!

New ideas fuel me.  I get excited to share ideas and talk with other educators about what fuels them.

Sometimes its contagious the way ideas can flow when you surround yourself with curious, innovative people.  So, I've decided that my #oneword for 2018 is CURIOSITY.

In my role as a school district leader, I hope to cultivate curiosity within the schools that I work in--with our teachers, our leaders, and most definitely with our students. 

I wonder:  How might I support passions and new learning?  How might I share new opportunities for growth with teachers?  How might I provide resources for innovative projects for students?

I will say YES to ideas that empower teachers and learners.  I will work to push my own thinking and the thinking of others. 

I hope to cultivate curiosity in myself.  I want to take the time to pursue the things I'm curious about (and not feel guilty about it).  I want to read more, travel more.  I want to spend time talking with people who I can learn from and grow with.  If there is something I was to learn more about--I'm gonna do it!

I hope to cultivate curiosity within my own children.  Active boys, almost 4 and 6 years old, my kids are interested in everything.  They love reading books, building with cardboard, trying out "science experiments", and have already learned some basics of coding.  (You think their mom is into STEAM maybe?? 😊)  My hope is that they never lose that spark!  I hope that new ideas are ignited from their wonderings and that they stay ever-curious.

As I move into this new year.  I will pursue the spark of new ideas.  I will chase my curiosities and encourage you to do the same.

Happy New Year! 


1 comment:

  1. Would love to learn from and with you in this new year. Let's encourage each other to stay curious. Here's a link to my one little word for 2018. https://medium.com/the-buist-babble/forward-in-2018-5bdec95a1926

    ReplyDelete